View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #660
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Future Foundation. Iron Patriot. Not very popular. Not popular at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
An anti-hero would be someone who doesn't do things in a conventional hero way but still has good intentions. Someone like the Punisher, early Venom, Blade, or Ghostrider. Norman Osborn never had good intentions as Iron Patriot so he doesn't count. Not sure about Doom and FF.
Yeah, I don't think anyone ever thought of IP as an anti-hero--more like an anti-villain or villain-posing-as-hero type the way Mysterio did when he started out. As for the Future Foundation storyline, isn't it nearly the same thing? Doom acts nice in order to reach the ultimate goal of regaining his intellect and defeating Mr. Fantastic. I don't think you could call that being an anti-hero. The better argument would be to liken him to Magneto, in that both are looking to achieve world peace and order, but through questionable/down-right villainous means.

As for Red Skull, I'd argue that anyone who knows who Namor is would know who the Red Skull is. I mentioned Mandarin as he is Iron Man's nemesis, and anyone familiar with Iron Man comics would immediately think of him in terms of Iron Man villains.

Last edited by spideymouse; 01-18-2013 at 07:57 AM.
spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote