View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #55
Electrix
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
How would it be unfair to her to not bring her back because of her relationship with Singer? I heard she acted like a diva and demanded a lot more money than she was offered. If that's how she's going to behave, I'm not sure how it's "unfair" to her that she doesn't get asked back. .
Congratulations, you just described every franchise casting negotiation in Hollywood history. Even if actors are happy with the first offer given to them, their agents will always push for more. By the time X3 rolled around all the major cast were pretty much irreplaceable and could push for more $$$ from Fox. If Halle did indeed push for more then she wouldn't have been the only one. It's called negotiation and happens all.the.time. Singling out Halle for what is common practice is unfair.

You don't think Jennifer Lawrence negotiated for more for DOFP after the success of The Hunger Games? If she wins an Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook her agent will be on the phone to Fox the next morning. Will she be a diva making demands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Halle really has to grow up though. I think that she was one of the main reasons Bryan put X3 on the back-burner he didn't want to constantly have to deal with her ego and we all know how that turned out.

Her only salvation is Hugh Jackman and his friendship with both parties. Maybe he played peacemaker? And subsided her diva demands. That would be the only way I could see Singer working with her again.
This Singer/Berry rivalry is being blown out of proportion big time. Singer left X3 because of Halle? Come on.

Last edited by Electrix; 01-18-2013 at 08:02 AM.