View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #114
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I would post a pic from the trailer of Superman and Lois holding hands to prove that the suit isn't dark but I'm on my Xbox so I can't right now
Are you under the impression that I haven't seen the trailer or something? I know how it looks when they hold hands but actually that scene is another proof that the suit is dark. Look at the shot when Superman is looking at Lois, the little blue we see looks almost black. It looks dark when he's hugging his ma, it looks dark when he crashes into the vault it looks dark in the still they released with helicopters behind him. We will only see glimpses of true blue because the the suit will always be heavily shadowed (like in the scene in the arctic). It's just the nature of the beast, you can't expect bright colors to go along with the type of color palette Snyder went for with the film. The whole film looks very naturalistic and darkened. And I wouldn't be surprised if WB demanded that the suit looks darker as well. Execs are stupid like that. After all, they think GL didn't work because it wasn't enough like TDK.