View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #469
grout
Side-Kick

Default Re: Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
...maybe not anytime soon. However, seeing as to how the film is already on its path to become an instant cult-classic, and if the film continues doing well the next couple of weeks, I could see a theatrical sequel happening in maybe after 7 or 8 years from now, once it has its solid place in the public's consciousness. Maybe. Ofcourse, a strong deciding factor could probably be in whatever happens in Karl Urban's career in the years ahead.

Films, for example, like Punisher: War Zone, and Conan The Barbarian never had a chance of a sequel because they not only failed commercially at the box office, but they were critical failures as well, despite doing a little better on home video. Dredd is not like these two.

In the meantime, I would love an animated DTV Judge Dredd feature!
Hmm,, not to sure I agree here... Dredd was not a critical faliure from anyting I read. Commercially you could say it was.. I always go to the 2004 Punisher which was allot like Dredd 3D. The DVD saved 2004 punisher and is what greenlit the sequel,, although it fell apart. Now if Dredd pushes on I really cannot see why a sequel could not go to the big screen... Plus these kinda movies are coming back.... bullet to the head, the last stand, expendables... You maybe right but I think to dismiss a sequel later then sooner to the big screen would be a mistake.

PS.. Fuc* an animated or direct to TV sequel,, bring everyone back! Lets role... lol,,Dont take me seriously its just me hoping...

Last edited by grout; 01-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.
grout is offline   Reply With Quote