Old 01-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #765
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
My gut still tells me it's Atwell.

Here's why:

1. The interview in which she said she wouldn't be back was referring to her role as Peggy Carter--and it makes sense that they would use a much older actress for that part in any new film. But most of the interviewers don't know the Cap backstory and that Sharon Carter is supposedly the spitting image of Peggy. It's just fishy. She's never come flat out and said that she will not be playing Sharon.

2. The COMPLETE lack of any casting news since October. Nothing anywhere. And let's face it, Latino Review gets it wrong more often than they get it right.

3. Atwell has been a VERY busy actress since Cap came out. Several British TV series, miniseries, films, etc. When asked on her Twitter what her next project was, she didn't answer. She's been working nonstop and suddenly, has nothing on the horizon. Maybe training for a Cap start in April?

4. Marvel's notorious focus on secrecy. These guys are masters at keeping stuff under wraps. The Cap/Peggy thing is probably the one people are most interested in finding out what happens next. Do we really think they are just going to DROP the whole thing and move on to a new relationship?

5. All the actresses mentioned, with perhaps the exception of Mary Elizabeth Winstead, are just physically WRONG for Sharon Carter. It doesn't seem like these casting rumors are for Sharon, IMHO.

Hopefully, we'll know something soon. Until then, I'll stand by my theory. LOL.
I doubt it.