View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #73
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Halle Berry stole nothing and all this Halle hate is kind of pathetic. How could she of stolen Famke's lines? What exactly did Halle say that famke could have said in X3. "I killed the professor Logan, I've made my choice its time you make yours so if you're with is then be with us." I mean really?

And in X2 Halle was already contracted to return no matter her role, Fox CHOSE to give Halle's Storm more to do and even then the only lines that were originally Famke's were the ones she said in the jet before they go in through the spillway every thing else was either already in the script or was written during filming.

She didn't demand to be the focus (and she wasn't the focus of X3 that was wolverine and phoenix) to quote her words "its not that I want more screen time as this is an ensemble but if it's just five minutes I just want it to be five meaningful minutes . It isn't her fault fox jumps interpreted that as replacing cyclops she just wanted storm to have a voice. She was asking this as many fans had complained about storm's lack of substance in the movies sometimes directly to at comic con. She even read some of the comics for X2.

She was asking for a substantial role like storm has in the comics.
The running script for X2 (which I've read) gave a lot of Jean's lines to Storm thats evidence enough for me that she had some kind of pull in that regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I disagreed with her just dismissing her X2 role as just flying the jet.Storm's Interaction with Nightcrawler was very meaningfy.Storm even got to be one who saved Xavier from
killing all humans and defeated Jason stryker.Plus got one of effects heavy actions sequenzes with using powers against jets.

Storm In X-men-X2 was the equilvent of pre Dark Phoenix Storm.While In Last Stand she was equilvent of post dark Phoenix but premohawk Storm.
This all the way. I will admit the first filmade her look like a weak character but X2 made many improvements and Bryan's X3 hopefully would have expanded not only her character but also Cyclops',Rogue, and Iceman's but what we got instead was Wolverine's and Storm show featuring the X-Men/Phoenix Saga.

:o