View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #853
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I think he means, that the speculation here is a bit too, well, big and obscure, and this IS a thread for EVERYONE to talk about possible ideas, and he, and others may find it hard to throw their ideas in and contribute to the discussion when all the posts here are long and mostly between two people speculating deeply into detail, regarding things that most people don't really want to think about at this point. It's difficult, that's how I see it, and it is understandable, I try to say what I can and gather what I can from you guys, but the posts are incredibly long and too detailed, so 80% of this thread is you two speculating on these things back and forth. lol This speculation is probably too deep for other people to read, nor do they probably have the time to read all of it, so people who think they may have something to add, or discuss regarding plot ideas, probably just avoid doing so here.

I'm completely neutral, so I am trying to speak without bias, that's how I see it from another's POV
I have heard that people who deal with comments from the public estimate that if they get a letter from one person saying something, probably 9 other people feel that way too. And "less Hugo, more Hemingway" is a rule that I have to keep reminding myself to live up to.

So I will recommit to writing shorter posts.

I think it will be harder to ensure that only germane points are made because it's hard to know how important something is ahead of time. Also, looking over one's shoulder in that way tends to make it harder to think creatively. But I will try to keep in mind the concern about losing the forest for the trees.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote