View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 11:16 PM   #117
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It's not really legitimate to say Batman was only gone for three years between TDK and TDKR because there are certain ideas heard in TDKR that suggest Batman was gone for way longer than three, it was only Bruce Wayne that became a recluse when he had to shut the energy project down. Besides, if Bruce only retired as Batman only three years before TDKR, then the audience would have literally no reasoning of what happened to his leg unless you think it took five years for his leg to slowly get that bad. I still don't believe Batman "quit" that very same night in TDK, but I do think he did end up "quitting" and retiring from the cape and cowl pretty close to that night.
The Dent Act probably came in like a year after TDK (just speculating) so i can see Bats going out during that time but hanging it up as soon as the Act started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Who says there's a three year difference between the two films?
The Dark KNight Manual. It's pretty cool, and i wanted to believe it as well but there are so many contradictions (dates, etc) just within the book itself. One day soon, ill read it again since i own it, and ill mark down all the dates for you guys just to see how many contradictions there are. A lot of them line up so well but then there's a curveball.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote