View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #599
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Ha, that's actually the fastest I've seen a live action Batman move yet. He was OUT...
Yah, lol. It was sorta weird seeing Batman move fast, but I guess Bale was able to in the TDK/TDKR suit. Imagine him trying to run that fast in the BB suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Same, it was such a missed opportunity to not do a two-parter. We could have seen Bruce as he was affected immediately after The Dark Knight, with all the hunting and condemning he was promised, how it slowly takes his toll on him to the point where he can't be the only thing he lives for, and the emergence of his philanthropic side. It could have had more screentime devoted to every character, making all of their arcs have more meaning, espeically for characters like Foley, Talia and Robin.

However, the fact that we know Nolan- who made the best single cinematic Batman story ever- made mistakes, gives me hope someone else can do it better.
Agree. However much I love TDKR, I know for a fact we would've gotten a longer movie without the IMAX run time being involved, or if Nolan didn't want to do the core three-story arc idea, we would've gotten two parts for TDKR. And while I think we had fairly enough story for Robin, I think two parters or a longer film would be better development-wise for Foley and Talia. While Talia could get more screentime, Foley needed more development to make the viewer become a fan and actually care when he died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
Honestly I would have liked to see Alfred and Lucius at odds. They obviously had polarizing views on how they thought Bruce should handle things. A tension heavy scene between Freeman and Caine?!?!?!
That would make sense with Alfred trying to do what's best for Bruce in living his own life while Lucius was trying to do what he thought was best with Bruce coming back as Batman, but in the end, they both still cared about Bruce, just thought what would be the best for him at both ends. In the end though, Bruce did both: returned as Batman and conquered his final trial so to speak and then started a different life.