View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #118
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: How Long Was Bruce Wayne Actually Batman in this Trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I kind of think Bruce being active for such a short period of time over the decade since he first suited up is what makes some people all pissy about him retiring at the end of the trilogy. I don't think as many people who initially rejected Bruce not being Batman anymore or "quitting" as they like to put it, would feel the same if Batman had been active longer over the period of ten+ years.
I get that feeling too, but I just don't understand why people would reject it so harshly since Nolan's Batman did MANY things in just two films, much more than what we usually see a hero accomplish in three. Nolan's Batman was never like a fairytale superhero we see in so many other CBMs, so that real world aspect of what even a year would do to a man in a suit fighting crime and what he could actually accomplish within a year when you only see someone doing that much in a matter of years in comics, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
The Dent Act probably came in like a year after TDK (just speculating) so i can see Bats going out during that time but hanging it up as soon as the Act started.
I'd say six months to a year is the best option, imo, when thinking of how long it took the Dent Act to be created and started and when Bruce retired as Batman.

Quote:
The Dark KNight Manual. It's pretty cool, and i wanted to believe it as well but there are so many contradictions (dates, etc) just within the book itself. One day soon, ill read it again since i own it, and ill mark down all the dates for you guys just to see how many contradictions there are. A lot of them line up so well but then there's a curveball.
I'd definitely appreciate that

Wouldn't mind reading it myself if I ever got the chance.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote