View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #245
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Ha? Him hiding in his house was a natural reaction of the hangings. It never felt out of place.
That wasn't what worked. What didn't work and feel hollow was his redemption.

Quote:
Foley has been lambasted for having too much but you want him to take up more screen time?
This is one of the great ironies of movie making. Scenes that feel short and character arcs that feel hollow and unneeded can actually improve by adding to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
He finds out Gordon could be losing his job and takes it as a chance to one-up Gordon in different scenarios such as bossing rookie cops and taking Batman down, then when realizing how Gordon was right about the masked man and his underground army acts likes a good little soldier until Bane hung those special forces guys which he then decides to hide his uniform and badge and stay hidden with his wife only to find out that Batman is back and now the GCPD has a fighting chance. I like the arc myself.
It's him so easily trusting and being inspired by Batman enough to risk his life that rings hollow for me. Especially when he led a manhunt for him earlier in the film where his opinion Batman wasn't very high to say the least. Why would the mere return of this man so move him? Perhaps there should've been a scene where he meets Batman face to face. Being in his physical presence, perhaps exchanging a few words, perhaps seeing Batman work his kick assery might've lent some credibility to his redemption.

The Centurions Live Action Film!