View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #905
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Well, even with a guy like Tom Hiddleston fame, fortune and attention won't last forever. The Entertainment business is a very fickle establishment with stars being replaced all the time. When you're a hot property and making lots of money people will always be flattering you, a lot are quite insincere about it and are just bandwagon jumpers because that's how they appease their own egos. I would certainly hope that Tom is smart enough to see that for what it is and resists the urge to be like those pretenders because while some of them might stick around when the next best thing comes around, the majority of them will move on. . . .
I seem to recall his saying in an interview that he is glad that he did not achieve this level of fame when he was younger. That he had that insight suggests he may well be aware of the phenomenon you describe.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."