View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #49
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who else hated Batman's portrayal in JUSTICE LEAGUE (Timm)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Saturn View Post
In JL he is more like the 90s/early-00s comics all the time. As I put it: Unlikeable. Cannot understand why this guy has fans. I mean, look at the episode where the JL members become kids and Wonder WOman asks Batman if he likes it to be a kid again and Batman answers something like "I've never been a child since I turned 9" or something similar. C'mon, THIS is the guy who had a "Grey Ghost's Lair" replica in his batcave in BTAS.
How exactly does him saying that make him a douchebag? That applies to all incarnations of Batman including the Batman in TAS. And having a Grey Ghost Lair replica doesn't really make him a child. That's more of a nerdy thing. Fans in their late teens, 20's, and even 30's have things like that yet are not considered childish - just hardcore fans. So I don't see how that means there is still a kid inside of him.

Plus, I always thought from the beginning that Batman having all that GG merchandise and layout replica in his batcave was out of character for him. If anything, JLU fixed that problem with that line.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote