View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #909
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I just want to know when they will make Loki an adult again in the comics. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll look a bit like the MCU Loki, eh?
I would say so yes, and actually that goes along with the original myths, I believe, with him at least starting out as a handsome charming mischievous fellow, not a nasty slimey cackling villain. It's certainly not movie tie in or canon, but I do think the fact that it's been done recently and was apparently quite popular, that there may very well be aspects of it that are worked into the films, (characterizations mainly).

Speaking of which I now hope we see Volstagg's brood in MCU, I didn't care for it so much in Simonson but his scenes with them were fun in this.

And again, this writer has lots of great Loki lines, nasty and yet fun villains, and numerous really clever plot twists in here. It's too bad they didn't contact him about working on Thor 2 at all (that we know of).

"I'm a trickster... That's classic trickster."

"But I'm Loki. If I'm going to save anyone it's going to have to be in a Loki way. And if it goes wrong look on the bright side, everyone has the satisfaction of a good hard, I told you that boy was bad news."

"Now would be the time for all of you to say, Loki --you were right, we should have trusted you all along."

Quote:
It's so cute how enthusiastic and happy Tom is in these videos like a kid going to an amusement park for the first time. And God he has me craving some of those Haribo Happy Cola jellies. I love those things!
He's definitely excited, hope he has a good time (and doesn't run into any mosquitos or malaria! )