View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #361
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: How long before the fan community turns on the Nolan films?

Yup, ill never turn on these films. Future Bat flicks may become more accurate to the source material. We may get the most iconic shots or action sequences ever. Or the "perfect Gotham" or "perfect suit".

Who knows, BUT...

I care more about good directing, filmmaking, cinematography, writing & acting and most of all i care about Bruce Wayne. And i can say that as cool as Burtons first movie was or as cool as they may get in the future...They'll never be as human or as well put together in terms of filmmaking and performance as the Nolan/Bale trilogy.

Heck, i saw AMAZING movies last year. Django Unchained, Looper, The Master, Skyfall....some of them would have made my number 1 spot easily. Yet TDKR was the movie that i name the best of 2012. And it was like this for Batman Begins and the same for The Dark Knight in both 2005 and 2008. I can't say the same about any other comic book related movie.

It goes back to the idea of "Oh, the guy who made Memento is doing a Batman movie? THAT is something that id like to see. That sounds different." to quote Joseph-Gordon Levitt on BB.

Nolan brought something different to the world and ill always remember that in a positive way. His movies were the first time i saw Batman OR any superhero treated in a mature way on the big screen.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote