View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #315
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Yeeeeesh.

Modine wasn't that bad in the role. I'll take him over the guy who played Commissioner Loeb. Modine got a little hammy at times, but Loeb was ham-central. They both had comparable amounts of screen time and they both essentially fill the same "smug, complacent cop" role.
Modine/Foley was fine and speaking of Loeb, I've always enjoyed 'the goddamn Salvation Army' line in BB for some reason.

Quote:
Not to mention, it's assuming a lot to say that if there was less Foley there'd automatically be more Batman. There's a lot of places that screen time could have went. Perhaps Batman is in the movie exactly the amount that Nolan wanted him to be? I liked the less is more approach myself. It really made Batman feel like this grand, epic figure, more so than the other two films for me.
Yep.

Quote:
I hear where you are coming from JDonalD. I kind of wish they'd just do another "Gotham Knight" type of animated movie, or even a prequel comic that fills in the gap a bit. Have it set during the first few months after the events of TDK. We'd see Gotham dealing with the aftermath of everything that happened, the political dealings that lead to the creation of the Dent Act and some rogues popping up and trying to fill the power vacuum (Black Mask/Penguin) Batman would be working from the shadows, trying to prevent organized crime from rearing its ugly head and becoming uglier. Batman and Gordon are still working together secretly.

Then once the Dent Act is created, maybe they're able to put away whichever rogue Batman had been pursuing and Bruce slowly starts to realize he's not needed.

I really wish something like that would come along, but I doubt it. I've never written fan fiction but I'm seriously considering trying something. I have some rough ideas for a Bane/Ra's/Talia one too.
I confess I'd also like to see an adaptation similar to Gotham Knight, but more in tune with the canon of this trilogy.

Also, the bold part sounds interesting. I'd definitely be curious to read what you have in mind.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html