View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #319
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
We can take shots at the execution all day, but if you simply removed Foley from the film, it has a domino effect on themes that IMO would hurt more than it would help. Once a screenplay is written you can't just pluck things out willy nilly without having to make much deeper changes. That is why I consistently find most of the criticisms leveled at this film are a result of wanting a different movie altogether. And some people openly concede that- which is a totally valid and fair position to have, as long as it is acknowledged. Removing Foley would have this effect to a lesser degree, but things like removing the LOS and Talia or losing the 8 year gap/Dent Act would completely change the entire fabric of the film to the point where in my view, it would be a different film...not "TDKR with tweaks".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
That's something that I have noted too. The expectations for this film were a lot different for many people.
I couldn't agree more. This very subject has been talked about by many people I know and EVERY single time the conclusion is same. Some people wanted a different movie and when they didn't get it they are unhappy.