View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #12
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
yeah I love that line too.. shows a little bit of how scary Thanos really is.

Shows how scary The Other is, mainly. Dude can send severe physical pain across time and space to zap the **** out of an Asgardian god.

Trifled with, he is not to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
In regards to Feige's interview, does that indicate that the plane action sequence occurs early in the movie? as in, before his mansion gets destroyed? the latter is implied to occur early in the film, and Feige said his suit is damaged after that. but in the trailer his suit looks perfectly clean and undamaged, at least on the outside.

hmm, then again, the plane sequence could also occur much later in the film. although, the guard that he shoots with his repulsor blast is meant to become coldblood, which would imply that it is early in the film, as it is likely this attack which turns him into a villain.

IF the plane sequence indeed takes place early in the film, before the mansion is destroyed, that means we have seen zero footage for the later action scenes, which is pretty great/crazy seeing as the first trailer for iron man 2 showed the stark expo finale briefly.
I don't know when the attack on Air Force One occurs in the film, but I firmly believe there's a very, very strong chance that Tony Stark is not in that suit of Iron Man armor at all. It seems to be a sentient armor, or a remotely controlled drone, that is actually attacking the President at the behest of Mandarin and/or Killian or whoever.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014