View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:21 AM   #412
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Whether or not people want Sony's Spider-Man in the MCU doesn't bug me. Whether or not people are sure it will definitely happen doesn't bug me either. What bugs me the most though is how there are some people that think bringing in Spider-Man somehow will mess up the whole universe and create plot holes everywhere. There is nothing - absolutely nothing - to suggest that will be the case. Nothing from TASM contradicts the MCU and nothing from the MCU contradicts TASM. Questions like "Where was Spider-Man during the invasion?" and "Where was SHIELD when the Lizard attacked" and "How come Fury didn't recruit Spider-Man?" are all simple questions that for the most part don't even require the suspension of disbelief of comics in order to be answered. All they need is a bit of logical thinking. If superheroes were real and faced supervillain threats, they wouldn't always be there when needed to begin with. At least not all of them at the same time.

Heck, this "problem" applies to the Marvel comics a lot more than the MCU but no one complains. At least in the MCU, there are fewer superheroes (so far) and supervillains and also, not everyone operates only in New York. In fact, if TASM is canon, Spider-Man is currently the only superhero that operates in New York City on a constant basis.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote