View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #422
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
At least somebody gets it.

Not only that, but you'd have to get two studios to agree 100% on "how" the character will be used. Sony is not going to want to lend out Spiderman to get 2 seconds of face time. He's one of their lead properties and will in all likelihood want that kind of recognition for him in an Avengers film.

Marvel Films just put out a $1.5 billion behemeth so they don't really gain anything from borrowing Spidey from Sony other than to appease the most stubborn/hardcore comic book fanboys. That's just the truth of it.
Actually, 2 seconds of face-time might be more feasible than a full-on role from a contractual standpoint.

The question I wish someone would ask and get answered is what the situation is with the live-action television rights for the characters not fully owned by Marvel. We know that all animation rights have reverted (now, to get rid of Jeph Loeb...), but I don't know if that equates to the live-action TV at all. If so, the S.H.I.E.L.D. series could totally be a hub for any and all references to anything in the Marvel universe. Something tells me the live action TV rights are tied with the movie rights.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote