View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #36
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

I don't think "Dr. Wu" is going to be Radioactive Man, or even Chen Lu. Has anyone heard of any more Chinese casting?

Also, MTV News expanded some more on Feige's interview quotes about IM3:

Quote:
“He had a take on the Mandarin that fit with where we wanted to take Tony in this movie,” Feige said of Shane Black. “Shane is as much about tone as he is about any specific dialogue that he writes. He brings such a love of cinema and of this character in particular to the movie that I hope will make it feel fresh all over again. None of us wanted to do Fu Man Chu. We weren't interested in that in the least. When we took away the notion of the Fu Man Chu and 'I found rings in a spaceship,' we got much more to 'How do we bring his Ten Rings organization and make it scary the way real-life terrorists can be scary, but also much more theatrical and flamboyant, like how the Mandarin was in the comics?' So we made him very public and had him take credit for his actions, to announce them in a very public way before striking. That's good for a movie, because it makes things very dramatic, and it also brings the Mandarin into the 21st century, where the videos you pass through the 24-hour news cycle is as important as the strike itself.”

Pretty much closes the door once and for all on alien powered rings, for anybody still holding out hope for a Makluan connection.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014