View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #500
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Judge Dredd Reboot!! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
According to Boxofficemojo the production budget was $50mil, and it's Worldwide gross was nearly $33mil ($13.4 mil in the US and 19.3 mil everywhere else), so they were on minus $17mil after the theatrical run.

Factor in the theatre and distributors cut (which is higher for the foreign markets too) and that gross goes down a lot so they have to make a good bit more than $17mil with DVD's/Blu-Rays etc to get into the black on this one.

My best guess (and I stress this is a pure guess as I have no idea just how much money they keep from everything) is they will need to sell something like a minimum of 2 million units of DVD & Blu-Rays to reach that target.
According to the-numbers.com, Dredd made more than that WW, it actually made just over $36 million WW. So your prediction may be a little off, although its probably still aboue right. Either way, lets hope it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Signs for the Dredd Blu-Ray/DVD's everywhere throughout HMV in Liverpool One - couldnt find a single copy anywhere.

Happy Days.

Maybe there's hope yet.
Damn, was in there yesterday and didnt even think to look. Anyway, thats both Tesco (the Allerton Rd one) and HMV that have a ran out of copies in 10 days since the release. Surely the same is happening in the rest of the UK as well? Either way, good news and some hope still for a sequel.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote