View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #38
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Default Re: The True Tony Stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameisAsh525 View Post
I always imagined Stark as a serious type. I remember the 90's cartoon...and from there I adapted the personality when I read the comics. Now that Downey took over at Stark in the films, it changed. Now he's a huge ham. He hams it up! I like it....yet, did he reinvent Stark? or was Stark always intended to be the way Downey portrays him? OR is this the Ultimate version of Stark? Being a student in engineering myself, I find myself to be a more serious type like the Stark of cartoon syndication of the 90's.....yet, Downey.....he's def not a very serious type in his rendition of Stark. Someone explain.
RDJ, definitely put himself in the roll, but Tony was never deadbeat serious. He was above all things a playboy. You can get a bit of a sense of this from the first Ultimate Aliance game, from some of his one liners.

I also think it's incorrect to say that RDJ is a total ham. He does have some very serious moments that are straight out of the comics. The cave scene is the best example of this.

I do like what RDJ has done with the character, because someone who is that smart would have trouble relating to people. I like how Whedon made a connection between Banner and Tony because they are both geniouses, and how he made part of Steve and Tony's personality struggle that Tony can't relate to people who aren't as smart as he is, with the exception of Pepper.