View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #59
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: > Design FOX's Production AGENDA since DOFP (2014-2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
definetly. I agreed with many of your points, it made perfect sense.

Characters like Cyclops and Rogue havent showed their full potential.

Singer could have improved them on the third, but at the same time, what Ratner and the writers did with them on X3 was even worse. That's Ratner and Fox fault mainly.
LOL yep... Many fans were expecting a key role for Cyclops, an expanded role for Rogue, a Phoenix firebird, perhaps some more Nightcrawler and an expanded role for Colossus.

Then, uh, um, The Last Stand was released.

While I don't hate the movie and I did like seeing Beast, Angel, and many of the other characters and action scenes, it definitely didn't deliver what many people expected or wanted.

But, without X3, we would not have seen Kelsey's Beast, or Angel, or Juggernaut or Multiple Man or Callisto, or Storm flying, so we have to be thankful for some things! It's just such a shame it didn't deliver on other things, partly because James Marsden and Anna Paquin weren't available for very long.

Quote:
Anyway, things have changed after all these years, both on comicbook movies and on the studio itself, so this sequel has all the right elements to become the best of the whole franchise and the one that will please the fans the most. At least to date.
Yes, that's true. And one thing to learn from Marvel is accurate characterisations. The X-Men films do tend to distort characters to fit the story and that can be dangerous when these are fan favourites and beloved characters. In Avengers, Hulk seemed totally like Bruce Banner and Hulk, Iron Man was totally Iron Man, etc. No one was suddenly acting like some other character, except Hawkeye who was under mind control.