View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #255
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Scribe View Post
Those are both terrible films, but Cage dying was a part of the MK storyline in the games anyway, so at least it was faithful. Cyclops being killed is a pretty infamous move in the X-Men franchise, one of the worst.
Yeah, I agree. X3 sucks, so killing off Cyclops is not exactly something that should be used as a good example of anything. MK is not exactly a franchise with a large cultural footprint (GI Joe is hardly the X-men, but is got more behind it than MK) and Johnny Cage isn't exactly the main hero of the MK franchise.

Duke, on the other hand, is the main hero, or at least one of the main heroes, of the Joe franchise, and killing him off after just one movie, after he just joins the team, totally sucks. And it seems unnecessary too; GI Joe is a global operation, we don't need such a dramatic reason to explain why he isn't in the second movie.

I would also be mad if they killed off Scarlett too. Ripcord I couldn't care less about though.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote