View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #438
RustyCage
Come what may..

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Joker to Bob: "Follow that reporter, Knox, and take your camera. See what he knows about this Batman"

That was long before that enema line.
Are you saying he was jealous of Batman before he became the Joker?

I always took that bit as 'He's a gangster, there's a vigilante with a growing reputation, better get some intel and be careful'.

Quote:
He also didn't get to share a scene with Batman as the Joker until the end (not counting the 5 second scene where Batman swooped in and grabbed Vicki and then left). It was just Batman beating him up because he killed his parents.
True. There were confrontations outside of that though. Batman vs Jack obviously, and then Bruce Wayne vs Joker (when he's trying to tell Vicki he's Batman and they get interrupted, then Bruce gets shot).

Dunno the guidelines as to whether or not those should 'count', but it did ensure the characters were involved with each other throughout the film.

Speaking of which, another one of Joker's motivations in the film became getting Vicki. I don't recall that there was any jealousy of Bruce involved with this, but it became a damsel in distress thing. Whether or not that's bad is up to the viewer.