View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 AM   #443
RustyCage
Come what may..

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
A few things about Jack's Joker that really freaked me out as a kid...and when I say kid, I really mean the first time I saw Batman 89 which is like 3, 4 years old.

- "Mirror!"
- The image of him lying dead on the pavement with the creepy laugh box.
These two, and the laugh he does after seeing his reflection. omg.

Also, for some reason, when I was a kid I was really put off-ease by the scene with the mimes. Something about the way he looked - actually, you know what, it was probably the way he impaled a dude's throat with a feather pen..... (That's how I learned what a quill even was.)

Quote:
Ledger is much, much closer to the ideal Joker that's formed in my head over the years, but I don't really want to diss Jack just to praise Heath. Because if I'm being completely honest, Jack's Joker burned the idea into my head that this guy was a nightmarish clown who killed people for fun, probably before I was even aware of the existence of comic books. He gave me the creeps and made me desperate to see Batman to take him down. That's why I'll always have a soft spot for Burton's films. The Animated Series opened me up to the larger world of Batman, but his movies are what made me a fan in the first place.
You've, again, perfectly explained my perspective as well.

Last edited by RustyCage; 01-24-2013 at 07:15 AM.
RustyCage is offline   Reply With Quote