View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #404
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I barely remember the Story for when Jane gained powers, but I'm pretty sure it was to try to keep Thor on Asgard.
Well. . . there might be a third story in which Jane gains powers, of which I am unaware!

The first of the two to which I was referring was the original 616 story, where Thor takes Jane to Asgard to get Odin's permission for them to marry. Odin says she has to prove herself worthy, makes her the Goddess of Flight, and she unsuccessfully battles "The Unknown" (having no practice with her new powers; thus, as 04nbod put it, it was a trap). So as you say, it didn't work out.

The second one I was thinking of is from the "What if?" line that explores what would happen if Nurse Foster found the stick that's actually Mjolnir in the cave in Norway instead of Dr. Blake. She becomes Thordis (implying that she is Worthy), flies around, saves Don and others, fights baddies, deals with Loki's misbehavior, etc. Eventually she helps defend Asgard against the Mangog. Odin gives Mjolnir back to Thor, but makes Jane a goddess permanently and. . . .proposes marriage to her.

Good times!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."