View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #408
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

I haven't had that what-if in years lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well. . . there might be a third story in which Jane gains powers, of which I am unaware!

The first of the two to which I was referring was the original 616 story, where Thor takes Jane to Asgard to get Odin's permission for them to marry. Odin says she has to prove herself worthy, makes her the Goddess of Flight, and she unsuccessfully battles "The Unknown" (having no practice with her new powers; thus, as 04nbod put it, it was a trap). So as you say, it didn't work out.

The second one I was thinking of is from the "What if?" line that explores what would happen if Nurse Foster found the stick that's actually Mjolnir in the cave in Norway instead of Dr. Blake. She becomes Thordis (implying that she is Worthy), flies around, saves Don and others, fights baddies, deals with Loki's misbehavior, etc. Eventually she helps defend Asgard against the Mangog. Odin gives Mjolnir back to Thor, but makes Jane a goddess permanently and. . . .proposes marriage to her.

Good times!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"