View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #114
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: How long did Nolans Batman actually fight crime?(SPOILERS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
The baby brings me so much trouble with my timeline. I always thought that the baby was Gordon's daughter, I didn't pay much attention to it in Begins, and since in TDK we only see little glimpses of her, seemed fair enough. But according to IMDB the girl who portrayed Gordon's daughter (Hanna Gunn) was six or seven years at the time of the filming. And seeing the scene again, it is clearly older. So it doesn't add up.

Since it's the most notorious continuity issue in the films. I'm going out on a limb and say that the Gordon's were babysitting.
The thing is , time continuity is completely irrelevant in these movies. Nolan treats time in this series , in a very diffuse way. That's why the time elapsed between movies (and even during movies) is not detailed. Its not something that brings a point. Every sequels carries a lot of stuff from the previous movie , yet time itself is dismissed. Even the 8 years , they exist to bring something out of the character , to accentuate a trait of Bruce's persona but he doesn't try to explicitly show us that time elapsing , and how it occurred . We know time has passed , and how Bruce reacted. The movie itself show us he has been Batman long enough. If it was 1 year or 3 years between Begins , TDK , or how things really worked out after Dent's fall , that's not something the director intended to show or develop.

That's why this exercise of trying to solve the puzzle of time with bits of pieces and info in the movies , ends up being completely incomplete. Because that's how Nolan intended to treat time in these movies.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote