View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #413
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Still doesn't mean Frigga would be the *only* character to die in this movie.
Certainly true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And I still think that dropping Portman and Hopkins would make sense from a story standpoint to advance the Thor franchise, as well as give these actors a graceful exit from a stage they don't particularly seem interested in playing on anymore.
Well, as has been discussed, having Odin out of the picture would make it a lot harder for Thor to help out the Avengers, or even pursue his own adventures in the other realms in solo films. So I'm especially skeptical that he will be written out. (I'm also skeptical that will happen to Jane, but the overall storyline could accommodate it better).

There's not really any evidence that either of those actors want out of the franchise. But even if they did, I doubt that would drive plot decisions. If an actor were to want out of a role, but Marvel still were to want the character in the story, they would simply recast the part. They've done so already with other roles. Conversely, if the needs of the story were to require a character to exit, they would write that character out no matter how enthusiastic the actor were to be about the role.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."