View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #72
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I seriously doubt even producers sit around and count the number of beats or plot points in any movie.

It makes perfect sense that the "seven things in there that are worth the price of admission alone" are the heroes themselves.
Agree to disagree. I'm with Chewy here. Feige chooses his words very carefully. I don't think Feige would so overtly hint at a 7-man roster by saying "seven things." It's a little too obvious. And the way he says it sounds like, there are already seven exciting things in the script...and as Joss continues working on it, there will be even more exciting things.

Also, you might be underestimating how involved producers, especially Marvel Studios producers like Feige, are in the process. With previous movies, they have given their screenwriters/directors very specific requirements for certain things to happen in their movies (TIH had to have the cave scene and the kiss before jumping out of the helicopter, Avengers had to have Loki, an alien army, and the final battle had to be in New York City). I don't think it's impossible that Marvel had seven requirements for Joss to include for TA2.