View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #466
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Changing the roster for Avengers 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Why would Feige sit around and count exactly how many beats or plot points are in a script? Does ANYBODY do that? Seriously?

Without cheating, try to tell me how many beats/plot points were in Avengers. Or any movie you care to think of. Better yet, try to do that in *just the few seconds* it would take for you to respond to an interviewer's question about that. That seems highly unlikely that Feige would know right off the top of his head that there's exactly seven plot points in Avengers 2 (and honestly, there's probably far more than that anyway) and he would just blurt it out during an interview.

Seven things worth the price of admission: seven Avengers. How obvious can you get?
As a member of the audience, no, I cannot tell you off the top of my head. But if I spent 2+ years as a producer, helping make decisions in the inner workings of a blockbuster movie's pre-production, production, and post-production, you can bet your ass I would know how many there were and would be able to spout them off one by one. I'm not saying Feige was counting plot points, but I do think that he's pored over any script Joss has handed to him thus far, and be very familiar with anything exciting popping out of it. It's his job.

I think it's far more unlikely that he would be hinting at a 7-man roster by saying what he said. I'll repeat my point that when he says "already seven things in there," that he's hinting that there will be even more to come.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote