View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #594
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Default Re: Webbing formula - Part 1

Good job on the exam, JMA610! I don't know what i got yet, but the instructor says the highest score ever on this test was 63/73... I am planning to beat that
But, actually graphene isn't a compound, so it doesn't have a formula.
Carbon is the most magic element in the world. It is the basis of organic life, and can bond in more ways than any other atom. This is because of its electronegativity and the fact that it has 4 valence electrons, so none of its valence orbitals have been filled except the 2s. Graphene is just carbon forming bonds to itself, resulting in carbon nanotubes, which is the strongest substance on the planet (kind of, diamond is the hardest, but graphene can stand the most tensile force, and is more malleable than diamond).
There is a way to make graphene, for only about 40 dollars. The guys who figured this out got Nobel Prizes in science. You take pure magnesium, light it on fire, and then put it between two blocks of dry ice. Then wait, and soon you'll get out a little ball of magnesium oxide and graphene. Magnesium oxide is soluble in water, so you can dissolve the magnesium oxide in water and then extract the graphene by filtering. It's really magic.

As for my formula, I did a little write-up on it here:
http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/blo...micro-membrane
But I might change it to include graphene, or just use graphene with it.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote