View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #883
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Putting together a couple Jaimie Alexander quotes for consideration RE Sif...

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a453938/jaimie-alexander-sif-sacrifices-a-lot-in-thor-the-dark-world.html (see page for more including video interview)

Quote:
"You definitely see a more vulnerable side to Sif and you see her sacrifice a bit for Thor because she is very much in love with him," Alexander said. "She cares about him, they grew up together."
http://collider.com/jaimie-alexander-thor-2-dark-world-intersection-interview/222054/

Quote:
She added, “I believe you have to make sure there is a bit of realism in a character like that because there are women who are those people out there, so I didn’t want to be disrespectful in that way. They’re very different characters, but the one thing they have in common is that they do stand up for the people that they love and want to protect the people that they love.”

“As for action sequences, I don’t fly in The Last Stand, I don’t take the bifrost anywhere. It’s hard to say, because I did find those characters somewhat similar. Lady Sif definitely follows protocol when it comes to battle and does what the king asks her to do. Sarah Torrance follows protocol, does things by the book; both characters eventually let their hair down and do what they want to do and do what’s necessary which isn’t usually in the book.”

Read more: http://www.fansshare.com/news/jaimie-alexander-compares-thor-dark-world-last-stand-training-preparation/#ixzz2IBXQlU2z
Quote:
"You get to experience more of who she is on the inside. You get to see her in a more feminine way and we do explore the Thor/Sif relationship a little bit. That was fun…I definitely have action. But there are scenes, we have a few scenes where we don’t have any action at all and it was actually a lot of fun to play that because you’re not hiding behind a sword or an explosion, it’s just here, in your face. It was nice to see who she really is and that sort of thing. It was fun."
Quote:
She told Collider: "I'm very excited about Thor 2. It's great. [Sif] definitely has a lot more action and does some great scenes where she gets to fight side by side with Thor.
"You really get to see how much love she has for her fellow Asgardians because she puts her life on the line and risks a lot to save a few Asgardians."
Quote:
Alexander also mentioned another movie role that she’ll hopefully be able to talk about in the next few weeks, but for right now it remains under wraps except to say that it’s an action picture and she’s been sworn to secrecy about it.
Still wondering if that secret action movie might end up being Avengers 2, especially if Sif's sacrifice for Thor is to go to Midgard with him and stay, rather than live on Asgard. ???

In any case, it seems likely that Sif may wind up defying Odin himself for Thor, possibly, deciding to play by "the king's" rules no more? (see bolded text)

thoughts?

Last edited by elizah72; 01-25-2013 at 03:50 PM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote