View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #627
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
Also the part about Banner- can you please explain the AIDS victim parallel? I think I know what you are expressing just need a little clarification.
I mean...whenever there is an element in a story where a character has some sort of infliction, some condition which may endanger those who come into contact with him, it is done in way which parallels AIDS victims. Primarily, it is to compare how other characters treat them, because how people treat AIDS victims is very divisive. Should they be allowed to be apart of society? Does the infliction define who they are, or does the person define who they are? Lol, the only other example that comes to mind is how JK Rowling used werewolves in Harry Potter. It's a class thing. Is this person still of equal value in society? Are they of a lower class now? Should we treat them as such, or should we be compassionate to their plight?

This is definitely intentional on Whedon's part, not only because he is uber-progressive, but also to show the viewer that Loki actually is a huge jerk. Cap, Fury, Widow, Stark, Thor, they all treat Banner as the man he is. Loki laughs at his condition and totally dismisses him.

It's just one of the many things I love about this movie.

JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote