View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #82
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Because Thanos is still an x factor, an unknown variable at this point. *If* he becomes a hugely popular villain, like Loki has become, then yeah, I could see Marvel bringing him back again for Phase III. But let's cross each bridge as we come to it. At this point, we don't know how Thanos will be received by audiences at all, so it would be pretty suicidal to start hinging *future* projects on a villain who fans might or might not want to see more of.
I know, it's all depending on how he is recieved, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they have plans on using Thanos in phase 2, and in phase 3.

however, if they have plans for him, to go that far, that doesn't mean that they won't get dropped, like you said, it depends on how people react. I wouldn't be surpised if they are setting things up to go in a fwe different directions, based on how fans take to the characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Anyone else not excited over the Masters of Evil being the possible threat in the sequel?

I just don't see the appeal, a lot of them seem like fairly lame characters.
god knows what marvel is doing. MoE may not be the MAIN villains, but there clearly are a lot of villain being introduced, maybe they will be what gets the earth bound avengers together, something minor, thhen thanos attacks