View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #286
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Anime that would make great film adaptations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post

Huhm, isn't Inuyasha completelly set in Japan with completelly Japanese characters and mythos? White washing it would be a bad idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFE View Post
Gundam, by FAR.

Between it's sense of scope and emotion as a Japanese answer to "Star Wars" and the advances in visual effects made with the "Transformers" films and such, it would work so incredibly well if executed properly.

And while I both understand and even agree to a point with it being an original tale, part of me would be really jazzed if it were a live action adaptation of the original series...set in UC 0079 with a live action Amuro Ray, Char Aznable, Gundam, White Base, the works.
Never watched Gundam but it seems more like Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica than SW, while it's not trully science fiction i think One Piece is their answer to Star Wars, from it's originality to the way it uses extablished elements of Manga/ anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote