View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #83
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Anyone else not excited over the Masters of Evil being the possible threat in the sequel?

I just don't see the appeal, a lot of them seem like fairly lame characters.
That's another reason why I don't see MoE entering the fray anytime soon. Until Marvel starts making more compelling villains (Loki notwithstanding), there's not going to be a lot of fan demand to start seeing these pretty lame and poorly received bad guys team up to avenge themselves against the, uh, Avengers. "Yay, Whiplash and Arnim Zola and, and, freaky big-headed guy who was the coked-up scientist in TIH, and, and, Ironmonger and, and.....you know what? Forget it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Picking out seven beats from an outline is very easy. It's an outline, presumably organized into set pieces and...beats.
And again I ask: why would Feige come up with such a specific number in an offhand remark, and why would he try to claim individual plot points as the selling point? Again, I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying the biggest selling point of Avengers (as both a comic and a movie) was the characters. What fans and general audiences alike wanted to see was a whole bunch of superheroes teaming up. That's what they'll look for again in Avengers 2.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014