View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #180
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"Gunmetal" looks like Stealth armor.

That Deep Space armor makes me think (dread) that Iron Man *will* have a cameo in GOTG now. ("Astronut Tony" is now officially a member of the latest incarnation of the Guardians of the Galaxy in the most recent comics.)

In other news: for those who haven't seen Feige's latest comments about IM3, Avengers 2, and Phase II in general, here's a few excerpts from MTV's interview with him:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/24...e-joss-whedon/

I found this paragraph particularly interesting:

I'd say that Tony Stark has become paranoid after the events of the Avengers. There's already hints of that in the dialogue from the trailer ("everybody wants to kill me;" "how am I supposed to protect the one thing I can't live without?"), and it certainly looks like he goes on a building spree, trying to create an armor suit for every conceivable situation he might find himself in. You know, just like the "real" Tony Stark.

I'm wondering if that paranoia will drive him to invest heavily in the Avengers as well, in an all-out recruiting drive to muster all the superheroes he can to bulk up the team for the next global/interplanetary crisis. Which, again, sounds like comic book Tony, at least from the "Initiative" era.

Could be that Stark is the driving force behind Phase II, as Nick Fury was the driving force behind Phase I.
Bah!! I only want to see these people after IM3: