View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #185
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I don't know how you're sure about Radioactive Man. I'd say the chances of him appearing in IM3 are 50/50 like you mentioned in another post, I think.
I'd say more like 65/50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I'm real curious about this comment. So we won't realize what certain things mean in IM3 until after we've seen Avengers 2? In regards to setups and little things in Iron Man.
Yea, me too. I'm really happy they're apparently going about this in a more subtle manner than they did in phase 1 with IM2, Thor, and Cap. I don't think there will be a central object like with the Tesseract and we won't be having SHIELD hijack the movies like before, with exception of Cap 2 I guess but it works there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
you are ABSOLUTELY incorrect about that.... and for a HUGE action figure collector like myself for a very long time, you sir are completely incorrect.

-IM2 movie figure waves not only included armors that will never be on screen... but also included Crimson Dynamo, and Titanium Man (Titanium Man also had a figure during the IM1 toyline)

-The Avengers Movie line also included Skrulls, and Ultimate versions of Thor and Hawkeye

-The Amazing Spider-Man line included the New Ultimate Spider-Man (Morales)

-The Spider-Man 3 movie line also included Green Goblin and Doc Ock

-The Fantastic Four movie toy lines included Doom Bots and Annihilus

-The Incredible Hulk movie line also included Bi-Beast and IronClad

and to top it all off... the IRON MAN 3 6inch line so far is including all comic armors (ditko ironman, Norman Osborn (iron Patriot), Iron Monger, and Bleeding Edge Armor Iron Man)

.... so yeah, rethink that statement.
That's a nice list but none of that counts as willful misdirection in the manner he's speaking and definitely not red herrings. For one thing, we know for a fact the character who eventually becomes Radioactive Man is in the movie. Bi-Beast, IronClad, and Morales, were not in their movies. I don't think Marvel has merchandising rights to FF but even if they do, Annihilus and Doom Bots are the same as the above. Once again, don't think Marvel has/had merchandising rights to Spider-Man in 2007, but even if they did, GG and Ock were villains in the previous movies...and GG did technically appear in SM3.

The Avengers Movie line is a pretty stupid one to bring up since Thor and Hawkeye WERE in the the movie. Just because they're in different costumes doesn't count as misdirection. Skrulls are free game but again, they weren't confirmed in the same manner as RM is.

You can say that Dr. Wu being in the movie is in itself misdirection (although Marvel said he wouldn't become Radioactive Man, which in itself could be misdirection) but use toy lines as precedent for red herrings when this particular character is in a completely different situation. The fact that a RM toy is being made and Marvel wouldn't let the toy maker know the name of the character just adds a bit of credence to the idea that Wu WILL become RM.