View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #186
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'd say more like 65/50.

Yea, me too. I'm really happy they're apparently going about this in a more subtle manner than they did in phase 1 with IM2, Thor, and Cap. I don't think there will be a central object like with the Tesseract and we won't be having SHIELD hijack the movies like before, with exception of Cap 2 I guess but it works there.

That's a nice list but none of that counts as willful misdirection in the manner he's speaking and definitely not red herrings. For one thing, we know for a fact the character who eventually becomes Radioactive Man is in the movie. Bi-Beast, IronClad, and Morales, were not in their movies. I don't think Marvel has merchandising rights to FF but even if they do, Annihilus and Doom Bots are the same as the above. Once again, don't think Marvel has/had merchandising rights to Spider-Man in 2007, but even if they did, GG and Ock were villains in the previous movies...and GG did technically appear in SM3.

The Avengers Movie line is a pretty stupid one to bring up since Thor and Hawkeye WERE in the the movie. Just because they're in different costumes doesn't count as misdirection. Skrulls are free game but again, they weren't confirmed in the same manner as RM is.

You can say that Dr. Wu being in the movie is in itself misdirection (although Marvel said he wouldn't become Radioactive Man, which in itself could be misdirection) but use toy lines as precedent for red herrings when this particular character is in a completely different situation. The fact that a RM toy is being made and Marvel wouldn't let the toy maker know the name of the character just adds a bit of credence to the idea that Wu WILL become RM.
Actually.... There's absolutely no concrete proof that he will ever be "radioactive man" or is in fact suppose to be. You're basing rumors as fact in which they are not

Also marvel has very little say in who gets a figure. HASBRO however does.

All marvel really does at getting involved with the figure aspect is filling in hasbro who might be a popular character in upcoming comics....

Marvel doesn't tell them what figures to make

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 01-25-2013 at 11:54 PM.