View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #27
Picard Sisko
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: New director for Star Trek 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
I like Bryan Singer, but I have this sinking feeling that we'd wind up with another Insurrection with him (a movie I liked, but most Trekkies think is one of the worst). Singer's best and worst trait is that he can take broadly powerful and fantastical characters and tell very small, human-centred stories with them, which is very much a hit and miss affair.
I always thought of Insurrection as a bad movie, but a really good episode. That's basically what it is in the end. A stretched out episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I guess that's good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It means he won't be directing.This will be like his TV shows.His name remains as producer but he has little Involvement.

I would have no problem with Kurtzman/Orci and Damon Lindeloff writting next film without much Involvemnet from Abrams.While I didn't like the so called flashsideways of Lost's final season I have never joined In the hate on him.I didn't hate Prometheus.I didn't like the game they played or rathe ror not It was Alien Prequel.Just like I don't like the game they are playing with Into Darkness' villain.The three of them are responable for any real connection to real Star Trek.They were fans of various degrees.

Orci-Trekker
Kurtzman-Fan of original series and trek 1-4
Lindoloff-fan of original and Next Generation
Glad to hear they are fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero Hype! View Post
SHH finally makes a Star Trek forum... helmer leaves for Star Wars
That is pretty funny lol... mere coincidence. OR IS IT? jk

Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote