View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #965
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: MCU: Phase II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Well, that sucks.
Means we won't see Ant-Man, Giant-Man, Wasp, Ultron, Vision or Jocasta until at least 2015-2016, well after Avengers 2. And it looks like Avengers 2 won't expand the roster much at all, except for maybe Falcon and possibly War Machine ("Avengers Phase II Expansion: Affirmative Action")
It goes along with what Whedon said about "not going bigger, but deeper". I like that they're going to zero in on the assembled team more before expanding the roster. I could definitely see them doing a World War Hulk kind of thing where Thanos or someone else exceeds in manipulating Banner this time which results in the Avengers having to shoot him into space or something. That would be a knife digging in and Empire Striking Back kind of twist for the second film and set up a Hulk sequel for phase 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Maybe we'll see Hank in TA2 if Wright can get someone for the part. At the very least, I expect a mention of him and/or Janet. Just imagine how amazing phase 3 will be with Ant-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange,though. Can't wait to hear what other movies they have planned.. Hopefully there's an Iron Fist and/or a Heroes for Hire movie there too.
Black Panther is more of a long shot for phase 3 than Strange was, especially with them already having two new characters getting movies in the phase. Hopefully it happens though.