View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #346
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think RDJ might, but I don't count on Evans or Hemsworth to. Not that I mind Evans leaving since he's not even one of the best choices for Cap.

And yeah I'm really hoping that Marvel figures out a way to be able to use the characters that Fox owns. An entre section of the MU and half the cosmic side is cut off from the MCU because of them. The only reason the MCU isn't bigger than it is right now is because Fox has FF and mutants. Imagine an Avengers/FF team-up movie with Doom as the villain, a Guardians movie with Silver Surfer and Galactus in it, being able to see the actual beginning of this Heroic Age that Nick Fury was talking about in Iron Man and The Avengers. Not to mention of course Fox may have the rights to the Skrulls, Kree, and Shai'r.
I think you're quite wrong about many things here.

Mainly, the MCU is as big as it can be because of budgeting and over-saturation. Why would they want to do more than 2 movies a year and burn people out on the idea of marvel heroes? They do 4 movies a year, less people go see each individually, they run out of unique characters and franchises much sooner and less money is made overall.

If Marvel/Disney had access to F4 and X-Men it wouldnt make the MCU bigger, it would detract from the roster they have currently. Less focus would be paid to Captain America and Thor. We might never see Ant-Man or the GotG. And forget about Dr. Strange and Black Panther.

Fox can have X-Men for all i care. That franchise is so far gone by now and it would hardly fit in with the tone of the MCU. If they want to make another honest attempt at a F4 movie, I say let them. I'd just prefer them not mix it in with the FUBAR X-Verse. Let Marvel focus on the things they've gotten right so far.

It's the same story with Spider-Man. Though I'm all for future F4 and Spidey cameos/easter eggs. But that's a personal opinion.