View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Default Re: Stuff you like to believe happened in Nolan's series

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
When I rewatch the films, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, they are so near-perfect that I get a little choked up that they aren't absolutely perfect. I like to believe a few things that weren't shown on screen to help me enjoy the series as a whole.

1. Ras Al Ghul may have been killed by the subway crash, but he was brought to the Lazarus Pits by the league of shadow and resurrected.
2. Two-Face was not killed by the fall. The same fall that didn't kill Batman. He was just unconscious and brought to a secure wing at Arkham where his identity is secure from the public.
3. Joker is in the same secure wing at Arkham during the events of TDKR.
4. Batman is not actually retired between TDK and TDKR, but fighting crime in secret. Alfred and Lucius don't know, Gordon may or may not suspect. The police and general public don't know about ALL the crime that happens in the city.
5. Bane is not killed by Catwoman on the Batpod, his armor and physical flawlessness barely save his life. Him and Scarecrow are taken to the same secure wing as Joker and Two-Face.
6. Talia Al Ghul was killed in the final chase sequence of TDKR, but Ras comes out of hiding and resurrects her using the Lazarus Pits.

One of the major things that bugs me (as you can probably tell) is that Batman kills so many villains. Even if accidentally. I'm just glad that Nolan made each of these things slightly ambiguous enough for me to use my imagination.

Anyone else take part in this method of self-delusion?
Yeah I can agree these are all plausible in a "what if?" factor, we can all assume something like this could've happened especially in the 8 year interim.