View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #104
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Dude, you know they're not going to cancel this show after only a couple episodes. As I read earlier today, the pick-up of the show is a formality; Disney is just waiting to announce the full slate.

Introducing a major A2 character through the show strengthens the bond between the established MCU and its emerging TV sibling. And really, where's the risk here? People are already sold on A2. Those tickets are guaranteed. Putting in a character from S.H.I.E.L.D. can only work in the network's favor as it would instantly raise awareness for the show.

All that aside, a GOTG appearance--most likely as a cameo--could work too. However she gets in there, I'll be glad to see her. We need more female members on the team.
I agree with all this. But. I'm just cynical/skeptical when it comes to network TV execs making an intelligent decision. Like....ever. Likewise, I don't trust your average "NCIS/Law & Order" Nielsen family to invest in this show.....the superhero genre hasn't fared well with them, even when superhero shows pick up a stout cult fanbase.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014