View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #349
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Things you noticed after multiple viewings on DVD / BluRay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
On top of TDKR being the movie where Nolan achieves the highest emotional resonance, it also feels like Nolan has become a better filmmaker on a technical level. There are things in this movie that I couldn't have imagined him doing his older movies. There are certain angles, editing choices, etc, that scream 'mature'.

However,

It also feels like the movie he cared the least about, as TDKR contains some of his most amateur work. I can't imagine that he regressed in his ability, so I can only chalk it up to effort/care.

In some ways it's his best movie, in other ways it's his worst. But for me, those high highs make it worthwhile, despite all its faults, and it's why I'm so enamoured with the film and still talking about it here today.
I don't really see it that that way, but I suppose there's no way we can truly know. It's hard for me to reconcile a film being overly ambitious (which TDKR was, for better or worse), with him not caring/trying. But for what it's worth,

That doesn't look like a guy who is disinterested in his own film to me. Talk about micromanaging

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote