View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #32
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Stuff you like to believe happened in Nolan's series

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmystico View Post
You're not doing yourself any favors by trying to use "animated movie/comics Batman" to justify something "Nolanverse Batman" did/didn't do. Seriously.

"he always finds a way" could have been done in some many things... Nolan created a more grounded in reality storyline, albeit some things were highly unlikely, but all were possible, and in that, bataranging a gun out of someone's hand or whipping out some nifty Bat-gadget to unarm Two-Face.

I have no issue with you believing Two-Face is alive/unconscious, I'd go as far to say he was concussed into a coma...but I totally disagree with your POV on Batman "not finding a way" to save the boy AND two-face.
Fair enough. No sense continuing to argue then.

I do agree (especially in the Nolanverse) Two-Face merely surviving the fall is more logical than Batman using "movie magic" or something to save the kid. In the end however, that's just how I know Batman to be. Its not like I'm opposed to most characters dying. Its just in the specific case of this superhero, and purely in my opinion, that killing off Batman's villains is the equivalent of killing off Batman himself.

Batman's rogues ARE his story. And Batman's rogues go to Arkham. Plain and simple.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote