Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin
1. Ras Al Ghul may have been killed by the subway crash, but he was brought to the Lazarus Pits by the league of shadow and resurrected.
2. Between BB and TDK Batman rounds up many of the Arkham escapees. Including Victor Zsasz.
3. Two-Face was not killed by the fall. The same fall that didn't kill Batman. He was just unconscious and brought to a secure wing at Arkham where his identity is secure from the public.
4. Joker is in the same secure wing at Arkham during the events of TDKR.
5. Batman is not actually retired between TDK and TDKR, but fighting crime in secret. Alfred and Lucius don't know, Gordon may or may not suspect. The police and general public don't know about ALL the crime that happens in the city.
6. Bane is not killed by Catwoman on the Batpod, his armor and physical flawlessness barely save his life. Him and Scarecrow are taken to the same secure wing as Joker and Two-Face.
7. Talia Al Ghul was killed in the final chase sequence of TDKR, but Ras comes out of hiding and resurrects her using the Lazarus Pits.
8. Blake (Robin) becomes Nightwing and not "Batman." This is just a personal opinion. Not something that makes or breaks the series. He goes on to fight Batman's more abstract villains (Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, etc.)
I agree with all your ideas that I put in bold
I think adding in supernatural elements like the Lazarus Pit would have worked fine in Nolan's trilogy as long as it was played straight and serious.
If Heath Leger was alive, a cameo of him in Arkham would of been great.
However, I find it implausible that if Harvey Dent was alive, he would be in Arkham as well. That would mean that Gordon employed a ton of Arkham employees, doctors, government officials, etc. to cover up Dent's true situation and to have a ton of people lie to the public and say he's dead. That's just not something as an audience member I could buy.
I don't care for Talia having a child; she could of easily just crashed the truck she was driving and had badly injured her legs, thus been unable to move and keeping fighting Batman/Gordon. The ending of TDKR would have been totally the same if Talia had just been arrested. Of all the villains Nolan used, Talia was the one that DID NOT HAVE TO DIE. Gordon could have easily slapped cuffs on her and then Batman flies away with the bomb. In fact, both Bane and Talia could of been arrested/captured and TDKR's ending would be no different.
I also agree that the 8 year gap is lame. Batman was still active during those 8 years, in my imagination. Batman kept his activities a secret.
I could also agree that Bane survived the blast from the Batpod and he was taken to a maximum security prison OUTSIDE OF GOTHAM. After all, he basically took over an entire American city. The US Government would probably come in and snatch him up; he would NOT be at a prison in Gotham but instead a US Federal Prison where he will never see the light of day.